Insect Repellent

What if you spray Off right on a bug? Is it filled with self-loathing?

Comments

  1. Anonymous9:19 PM

    They're usually filled with green blood. It's green because oxygen is carried in their systems by copper, as contrasted with the red blood (iron) in mammels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, are they even greener if you spray them with Off?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:44 PM

    The kamikazebugs who are trying to stop my car are always spewing red blood as they splat against the windscreen, tho...

    (I'm a different "anonymous", btw)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's OK, I'm a different Gene Callahan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:47 PM

    I don't know about kamakazi bugs, but I did run into a lot of love bugs today in east Tampa Bay. I don't think their white funk is copper based, but what do I know?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous3:33 PM

    Won't hurt it unless by drowning. Repellent action of OFF! is due to DEET (n,n diethylmetatoluamide)which the critters are reluctant to get on their feet. Color: pale yellow, almost colorless. I've had a spot in my heart for the stuff over 30 years--since a friend and I bought (from the gov't.) 503,189 of the 6-oz. spray cans for recovery of the 75% DEET. Nice piece of change in those days.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Libertarians, My Libertarians!

"Machine Learning"

"Pre-Galilean" Foolishness